- This event has passed.
Shoshone Serve & Play Weekend
April 21 - April 23$15 – $40
Make Spring Serve & Play Weekends an annual tradition for your family or group!
Serve & Play Weekends help camp in truly needed ways, and give you and your family and friends the chance to work and play outdoors with others. Come by yourself, with your family, your youth group, or bring a crew of friends to help camp get ready for the summer season, plus enjoy camp fun together in the evenings and on Saturday afternoon.
In addition to hard workers who can help build, repair, clean, and organize, we’re looking for specialists in areas such as carpentry and painting who can volunteer their time.
What to Expect
Serve Shoshone from breakfast ‘till 3 pm Saturday: landscaping, wood chopping, deep cleaning, and all sorts of other simple, significant tasks. Knock off work at 3pm to enjoy fun camp activities: hiking, biking, ball field games, the climbing tower, and zip line (weather permitting,) or curl up with a good book and a mug of cocoa and enjoy the view of the mountains from a rocker on our new dining hall portico.
Friday and Saturday evenings include camp fire and devotion time with s’mores—a camp necessity! Sunday wraps up with a time of song, prayer, and devotion.
Come Saturday just for the day, or for Friday or Saturday night, or for the whole weekend (Friday evening through Sunday morning). Can’t make it that weekend but still love to serve camp? Let us know! Shoshone Mountain Retreat can always use your help.
Are you a Thrivent Member? Consider putting together a Thrivent Action Team for the Serve & Play weekend!
- $40/person (kids under 8 are free) includes 2 night’s lodging, 4 meals, and program.
- $15/person for Saturday only, includes 2 meals.
- No discounts for meals not taken.
- Youth must be accompanied by adults.
April 21-23, 2023
- 7:00pm: Check-in (No dinner Friday night, but check out a couple local restaurants!)
- 8:00pm: Devotion and camp fire
- 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9:00am-3:00pm: Work Projects
- 12:30pm: Lunch
- 3:00pm: Family Programming
- 5:30pm: Dinner
- 7:30pm: Campfire
- 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9:30am: Devotions
- Bedding/Sleeping bag
- Work clothes for indoors and outside
- Work gloves or tools
- Cozy pajamas
- Good shoes or boots for working
- Optional: Camera to remember your weekend!
Thanks for your gift of service!