Founded seven decades ago by the Lutheran churches of the Inland Northwest of Idaho, Washington and Oregon.
Lutherhaven Ministries provides year-round Christian outdoor programs including camps, retreats and events, outdoor education as well as facility rentals. From scenic Lake Coeur d’Alene, to the western edge of the ruggedly famous Bitterroot Mountains, we have four locations where we offer life changing experiences for visitors of all ages. We are proud members of the Christian Camp & Conference Association.
Who We Are
Encounter Creation… Create Community… Commune with Christ!
We believe by God’s love we are saved through faith—not because of anything we have done, not by works, but as a gift of God, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. —Ephesians 2:8-10
In response, we value:
- Jesus as the foundation of all our being, activities, events, programs, and opportunities to embody His love;
- Faith formation rooted in the Lutheran tradition, sharing God’s love in ways relevant in our world right now;
- People all called into a safe, joy-filled, nurturing faith community;
- Relationships built on Jesus’ love as we partner with people, congregations, communities and organizations;
- Service as a way we extend the breadth and depth of God’s love through hospitality, outreach, and leadership-centered programs;
- Caring for God-given gifts and resources;
- The outdoors cared for, appreciated and explored;
- Abundant life filled with recreation, laughter, and play;
- God’s Word as the living, active means by which God calls us to faith and forms us as God’s people.
- Advancing the best programs and services
- Engaging widening support
- Cultivating guests and donors for increased capacity
- Raising up Christ-like servant leaders
- Continuously improving
From Vision to Reality
In the 1940’s, a group of men from Spokane area Lutheran churches—representing five Lutheran denominations—organized themselves into the Spokane Lutheran Men’s Club, united for the purpose of “working together, singing, eating, and enjoying Christian fellowship.” Howard Fetz, a club member, presented the Club with an opportunity to purchase property on Lake Coeur d’Alene. The committee formed to look over the parcel gave the nod, and since the location was central to so many communities, it was decided to sound out the interest of all the Lutheran churches within the Inland Empire as a way to broaden the Club’s base of support.
Learn more about Lutherhaven’s Approach to Ministry.