Lutherhaven Spring Serve & Play Weekend
November 3 - November 5$20 – $40
Make Lutherhaven Serve & Play Weekends an annual tradition for your family or group!
Serve & Play Weekends help camp in truly needed ways, and give you and your family and friends the chance to work and play outdoors with others. Come by yourself, with your family, your youth group, or bring a crew of friends to help camp get ready for the upcoming season, plus enjoy camp fun together.
In addition to hard workers who can help build, repair, clean, and organize, we’re looking for specialists in areas such as carpentry and painting who can volunteer their time.
What to Expect
Serve Lutherhaven from breakfast ‘till 3 pm Saturday: landscaping, wood chopping, deep cleaning, and all sorts of other simple, significant tasks. Knock off work at 3pm to enjoy fun camp activities: hiking, biking, ball field games, the climbing tower, and zip line (weather permitting,) or curl up with a good book and a mug of cocoa and enjoy the view of the mountains from a rocker on our new dining hall portico.
Friday and Saturday evenings include camp fire and devotion time with s’mores—a camp necessity! Sunday wraps up with a time of song, prayer, and worship.
Come Saturday just for the day, or for Friday or Saturday night, or for the whole weekend (Friday evening through Sunday morning). Can’t make it that weekend but still love to serve camp? Let us know! Shoshone Mountain Retreat can always use your help.
Are you a Thrivent Member? Consider putting together a Thrivent Action Team for the Serve & Play weekend!
- November 3-5, 2023 (2 nights!) *NO dinner served Friday. Meals include Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch.
- Full Weekend Costs – $40 per Adult or Teen includes 2 night’s lodging, 4 meals, and program. $20 for children ages 4-12
- Saturday Only Costs -$20 per person, all ages 4+. Join us for breakfast & lunch on Saturday!
- No discounts for meals not taken.
- Youth must be accompanied by adults.
- 7:00pm: Check-in (No dinner Friday night, but check out a couple local restaurants!)
- 8:00pm: Devotion and camp fire
- 8:00am: Breakfast
- 8:30-9am: Saturday-Only Guest Check-In
- 9:00am-3:00pm: Work Projects
- 12:30pm: Lunch
- 3:00pm: Family Programming
- 5:30pm: Dinner
- 7:30pm: Campfire
- 9:30am: Brunch
- 10:30am: Worship
- 12:00pm: Happy Trails
- Bedding/Sleeping bag
- Work clothes for indoors and outside
- Work gloves or tools
- Cozy pajamas
- Good shoes or boots for working
- Optional: Camera to remember your weekend!
Thanks for your gift of service!