Shoshone Creek Ranch Camp
The perfect week for youth who love horses and riding — or have no horse experience but want to!
All weeks: Grades 5-10 & all skill levels.
Riders are evaluated at camp by our professional wranglers and divided into age and skill level groups.
Located at our western guest ranch in a gorgeous, riverside mountain setting at Shoshone Mountain Retreat! Develop your horse skills in the arena and on trails at Shoshone Creek Ranch, our rustic mountain guest ranch in a gorgeous creek-side setting. Daily horse time, plus popular camp activities like splashing in the swimmin’ hole, the 40-foot natural climbing wall, tubing the river, crafts, campfire cooking, worship & Bible study. Operated under an Outfitter & Guides Permit from the Idaho Panhandle National Forests.
The program includes care and knowledge of horses and tack with a focus on safety, grooming, horse & ranch chores, saddling, leading, mounting and daily riding.
Girls Weeks: June 20-25, June 27 – July 2, July 11-16, July 18-23, July 25-30
Boys & Girls Weeks: July 4-9, August 1-6, August 8-13
Ranch camp takes a maximum of 16 campers per week — so register with your friends early!
- Campers must be entering 5th – 10th grade or be 9 years or older.
- Riders must be at least 4’6” tall in order to have adequate control over a horse.
- Riders must be able to mount and dismount a horse without assistance and meet the rigors of riding on uneven terrain for three miles.
- Participants must be able to understand English and follow visual or verbal commands
- Participants must be able to withstand summer exposure to the outdoors, including hot, cold or wet weather.
- Campers who are overweight or have physical disabilities, arthritis, back or neck pain, decreased motor skills or other physical issues may have difficulty balancing, staying seated, holding the reins or controlling a horse.
*The true cost of camp is approximately $570 per camper, but thanks to generous donors, we are able to offer camp at a reduced rate by using campership funds.
Need more help paying for camp?
Contact our friendly registrar!
(208) 667-3459 ext. 119