Champ Camp is our program for campers with disabilities
Champ Camp is a chance for children and youth with disabilities to come and experience all that camp has to offer. Campers are cared for by trained college-aged staff and paired with young servant-leaders from around the country, increasing our camper-to-adult ratio.
Campers are mainstreamed as much as possible, participating in activities such as:
Swimming, crafts, hikes, Bible studies, singing, and other awesome activities, but receive the extra space and assistance required for a great summer camp experience!
June 21-26: ages 8-21 only
June 28-July 1 (Short week): ages 18-21+
Note: Campers older than 21 may register (18-21 age group week) with prior approval. Call to discuss your child’s specific needs.
- Limited space is available during both Champ Camp sessions due to our unique staffing structure and 1-on-1 care. Please only register for one week!
- Champ Campers must be able to walk unassisted on uneven terrain and be able to toilet independently, or may attend with a personal care attendant, parent, or guardian.
- Parents, guardians, and personal caregivers may register as Resource Staff to attend with their Champ Camper.
- *Champ Camp age group weeks. Week of June 21-26 is for ages 8-21 only & June 28-July 1 (Short week) for ages 18-21 only (if over 21 call for prior approval before registering)
- Family Champ Camp for all ages (must bring caregiver or guardian) August 7-9, 2019. Click here >>
*New this Year! Family Champ Camp
Champ Camp Family Camp :: August 7-9 for all ages (must have guardian or caregiver) Click here to view event.
$426 (June 21-26 : ages 8-21 only)
$250 (Short week June 28 - July 1 : ages 18-21+)
*Over 21? Must call before registering for prior approval.
Call Lauren Bender: 208-667-3459 ext. 115
*The true cost of camp is approximately $570 per camper, but thanks to generous donors, we are able to offer camp at a reduced rate by using campership funds.
Need more help paying for camp?
Have concerns or questions?
We can refer you to parents who've had Champ Campers at Lutherhaven before!
Contact Lauren Bender, our Summer Program Coordinator, to discuss your child’s specific needs before they arrive at camp!
208-667-3459 ext. 115
Contact our friendly registrar, Laura
(208) 667-3459 ext. 119