Shoshone SALT (Formerly J-Staff or Junior Staff)
Join Shoshone Creek Ranch’s SALT Team (Service, Adventure, Leadership Team), our new 10th – 12th grade program!
SALT is Service – Serve camp in a variety of vital ways: Kitchen Party (meal prep and clean-up), housekeeping, setting up and helping lead camper games, activities, and the Trading Post. Special emphasis on serving the equestrian riding program at Shoshone Creek Ranch (no riding experience required.)
SALT is Adventure – Team building adventure and community-building activities: hikes; river floating; high ropes, climbing tower, and zipline challenges, horseback trail rides, and more.
SALT is Leadership – Servant Leadership training: assist the staff with camp operations and programming, camper care, and daily SALT Team Bible Studies, servant leadership discussions and training.
SALT Teamers experience a good measure of directed, focused independence at camp. They are housed separately with other SALT participants—not with summer campers—with their adult leader housed nearby.
- SALT Team participation by application and approval. (Application included with your online registration.)
- Serve up to two weeks (weeks do not need to be consecutive); additional weeks by approval.
- Registering for a SALT weekend? Serve up to two weekends; additional weekends by approval.
- Weekends run 2pm Friday through 3pm Sunday. You must serve one complete SALT week prior to weekend service.
- Housing is flexible depending on camp capacity: cabins, tents, yurts, guest rooms.
- June 19-24, 2022
- June 24-26, 2022
- June 26-July 1, 2022
- July 1-3, 2022
- July 3-8, 2022
- July 8-10, 2022
- July 10-15, 2022
- July 15-17, 2022
- July 17-22, 2022
- July 22-24, 2022
- July 24-29, 2022
- July 29-31, 2022
- July 31-August 5, 2022
- August 5-7, 2022
- August 7-12, 2022
- August 12-14, 2022
- August 14-19, 2022
Approved participants receive a stipend of $100 per week or $75 per weekend.
Need help paying for camp? Learn more about financial assistance and camperships.