Camp Lutherhaven SALT
SALT applications are officially closed for the Summer 2023 season. Want to join SALT’s monthly PEPPER club? Email email@example.com.
Camp Lutherhaven SALT
Join Lutherhaven’s SALT program (Service, Adventure, Leadership Team). Formerly known as J-Staff, SALT is our new 10th – 12th grade leadership program!
SALT is Service – Serve camp in a variety of vital ways: Kitchen Party (meal prep and clean-up), housekeeping, setting up and helping lead camper games, activities, and the Trading Post.
SALT is Adventure – Team building adventure and community-building activities: water fun, high ropes, climbing tower, and zipline challenges, and more!
SALT is Leadership – Servant Leadership training: assist the staff with camp operations and programming, camper care, and daily SALT Team Bible Studies, servant leadership discussions and training.
SALT Team members experience a good measure of directed, focused independence at camp. They are housed separately with other SALT participants (not with summer campers) with their adult leader housed nearby.
- SALT Team participation by application, interview, and approval. (Application included with your online registration.) Registration space is limited per week.
- Events listed as waitlisted still have availability for more SALT attendees. All SALT attendees are initially added to the waitlist, while our Summer Program Coordinator completes their SALT interview and reference check. After completing these steps, approved SALT attendees will receive a confirmation email and next steps.
- Serve up to two weeks (weeks do not need to be consecutive); additional weeks by approval.
- NEW! Week-long SALT runs from 3pm Sunday through 12pm the following Sunday. We will kick off your week with a SALT orientation before the rest of the campers arrive later that afternoon!
- Housing is flexible depending on camp capacity: cabins, tents, yurts, guest rooms.
- SALT is a great way to get a taste of what it will be like to work at camp! Those who have worked two weeks of SALT (these do not have to be consecutive or even in the same summer) and are entering the 12th grade are eligible to apply to be a part of Summer Support Staff and work at camp for an entire summer!!
- June 18-25, 2023: serve at a week of traditional camp and spend the weekend serving in a variety of ways around camp!
- June 25-July 2, 2023: serve at a week of traditional camp and champ camp and spend the weekend welcoming our 4th of July Family Campers!
- July 2-9, 2023: start the week serving our 4th of July Family Campers then finish out the week with our half-week of traditional camp and spend the weekend serving in a variety of ways around camp!
- July 9-16, 2023: spend the week serving campers from our week-long Congregational Family Camps and spend the weekend serving in a variety of ways around camp!
- July 16-23, 2023: serve at a week of traditional summer camp and spend the weekend serving in a variety of ways around camp!
- July 23-30, 2023: serve at a week of traditional summer camp and spend the weekend serving our Kindercamp Families!
- July 30-August 6, 2023: serve at a week of traditional summer camp and spend the weekend serving our Family Champ Campers!
- August 6-13, 2023: serve at a week of traditional camp and champ camp and spend the weekend serving in a variety of ways around camp!
Approved participants receive a SALT t-shirt and a stipend of $175 per week.
Contact Will by calling (208) 667-3459 x 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.