Camp on the Wild Side!
In 2019 Lutherhaven Ministries made an historic addition to our 75-year legacy of quality Christian camping, with the purchase of Renner House and five stunning acres at our new McPherson Meadows, 20 miles upriver from Shoshone Mountain Retreat. McPherson Meadows’ core 25 acres was donated to Lutherhaven in 2018 by Ray and Eleanor Grannis.
The purchase brings McPherson Meadows–homesteaded by Frank McPherson a hundred years ago–to just over thirty acres. Lutherhaven’s newest property adds a truly wild side to our trey of camps: 700 feet of blue ribbon Tepee Creek on one boundary, the Coeur d’Alene National Scenic Recreation Trail taking off from another, and the Spion Kop, Tepee Creek and Cathedral Rocks Natural Areas just a stone’s throw away.
McPherson Meadows is 20 miles off-grid, and includes solar power, water, septic, and fully furnished Renner House, a wonderful wilderness retreat with full kitchen, meeting space, and beds for 18-27. McPherson is a wonderful spot for teen camps, family reunions and get-aways, youth group weekends, and adult devotional escapes–all for smaller groups.
McPherson Meadows is a truly remarkable place for campers of all ages to gather, eat, recreate, and rest together in a setting of incredible beauty.
A river runs through it…
McPherson Meadows is available for overnight, weekend, and week-long family and group rentals from May thru October.
- $125 per night for up to 8 people; $10 per extra person per night
- RV spots available for $20 per night; NO HOOKUPS; no use of cabin unless rented in combination with cabin
- Fully-furnished cabin
- Kitchen with all amenities, cookware, utensils
- Living room/gathering space
- Outdoor covered pavilion with tables for 30 (coming summer 2020)
- Water, solar power
- Downstairs bedroom with twin over queen log bunk
- Upstairs bedroom with 8 twin over full log bunks
- NO LINENS PROVIDED
- Tepee Creek blue ribbon trout fishery (Idaho license required) adjacent to property
- Coeur d’Alene River National Scenic Recreation Trail leaves from property
- Magee Historic Ranger Station 10 miles upriver
- Spyglass Lookout
- Huckleberry picking
- Historic Murray Museum
To rent McPherson Meadows for your family or group, contact Anita McCormick at 208.667.3459 x 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org