Adventures up the river!
Adventures up the river!
Adventure abounds right at Shoshone Mountain Retreat & Ranch!
- Enjoy creek side & mountain views from the saddle on an hour trail ride ($20 per person; 9 years & older; July-mid August)
- Climb our 40-foot natural rock face wall
- World class fly fishing on Shoshone Creek and the North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River (Idaho fishing license required)
- Mountain bike trails, from easy to heart pounding
- Splash in the swimming hole or take a lazy inner-tube float down the river
- Start up a game of volleyball, basketball or gagaball, curl up by the fire with a book or cribbage board, or practice your rock skipping down by the Riverside Chapel!
Head out for great family adventures around the region.
- Drive to historic Murray, Idaho and see the one-of-a-kind Sprag Pole Museum
- Catch the far vistas at Thompson Pass
- Historic Wallace, Idaho is just over Dobson Pass
- The Cataldo Mission is Idaho’s oldest building
- Make the full Idaho/Montana scenic triangle…a five star motorcycle trip!
Incredible Day Hikes!
- Cost: FREE!
- Hike the Trail of the Ancient Cedars, the Peak-to-Peak, the two miles into alpine Ravette Lake, or the Centennial National Scenic Trail! Don’t miss the nearby beautiful Fern and Shadow waterfalls. See some of the most beautiful mountain scenery in the country … and it’s free!!
Horseback Trail Rides!
- Cost: $20 for an hour trail ride along camp trails and into the Idaho Panhandle National Forest.
- Ages: generally 4th grade and up. Younger kids may be led by a parent. BUT kids must meet weight and height requirements, so smaller kids, even if they are old enough, may need to be led, at discretion of wrangler.
- The horses will be usable the weekend before summer ranch camp, Friday, June 23 thru that final family camp weekend.
- Shoshone Creek Ranch operates under a federal Outfitters & Guides permit.
Mountain Bike the Route of the Hiawatha!
- Cost: About $45 for bike, helmet and headlamp rental.
- Group Rates available. 10% discount for groups of 10+.
- Sunset magazine calls the Route of the Hiawatha the Best in the West!
- Ride the famed Route of the Hiawatha through ten deep mountain tunnels (the longest is two miles long!) and over seven high trestle bridges…and it’s all down hill! This is one amazing trip!
Silver Streak Zip Line Tours
- Cost: $50 to $90 and up
- 3 miles of cables; 2,000 feet above the valley floor!
- This is the 3 hours of a lifetime!
Raft Alberton Gorge on Montana’s Clark Fork River
- Cost: Ask about our special negotiated rates!
- Our most popular adventure option!
- We contract with professional guides at River Odysseys West for a safe, fun, and wet full day through this great river canyon.
Gondola Up & Bike Down!
- Cost: $130-160 for lift plus full-suspension Kona bike, knee & shin guards, full-face helmet, plus insurance!
- Ride the longest gondola in the world to the top of Silver Mountain, then scream back down!
- Voted the best bike park in the Northwest!