Lutherhaven Family Champ Camp Weekend
Join us for a brand new weekend designed for families who have a child (or children) with developmental or physical needs.
Family Champ Camp Weekend is designed for families to spend a fun weekend together on the lake at camp! Lutherhaven provides lodging, meals, and fun accessible camp programming. Families are in charge of supervising their own kids, but are welcome to bring an additional caregiver to help make the weekend happen.
Here are some details for the weekend:
- History of Champ Camp: Lutherhaven Ministries has over 25 years of Champ Camp experience, providing programming for campers with developmental and physical disabilities. Our NEW Family Champ Camp opens the door to camp for campers who couldn’t otherwise attend without a family member or caregiver. It’s also designed to build lifelong family memories with siblings, parents, grandparents, and new friends. We believe in shared experiences for everyone!
- Accessibility: Camp is on a hill! We have paver paths between most of our primary cabins, dining hall, chapel, and meeting spaces. We have lots of extra hands and help to get our campers with mobility challenges to our ball field and the waterfront. It is also possible to drive to the waterfront. We do have a 4×4 ATV that can help shuttle campers and guests to certain camp spots. For programming we do our best to help campers access all our camp programming, creatively providing modifications and access. Together we make camp happen!
- Housing: Families are housed in their own cabin for the weekend, with private bathrooms and bunk beds. Cabins are located within two hundred yards of the Chapel, Dining Hall, and the main part of camp. We do have two cabins with ADA wheelchair accessibility.
- Camper supervision: Families care for and supervise their own kids. Lutherhaven staff lead games, worships, campfire times, lifeguarding, hikes, and other camp activities targeted towards family fun for all!
- Program: Swimming at the waterfront under the supervision of certified lifeguards, canoeing and paddle boarding, worshiping together as a camp community, putt putt, crafts, games, climbing tower and zip line, archery, and of course… s’mores around a campfire!
Due to Covid19 some of traditional camp activities may not be offered, and some may look differently than prior years.
- $160 per adult/teen (13+)
- $115 per youth (4-12)
- Children under 4 are free!
- 2 nights on Lake Coeur d’Alene
- 5 fabulous family meals & snacks
- Lutherhaven program!
About Retreat Costs:
- Register up to 7 days prior to an event.
- $50 non-refundable per person deposit required with registration.
Arrival & Departure:
- Friday Arrival: Come when it works for your schedule, after 1pm. There will be swimming and activities during the afternoon. 5:30pm Dinner and All Camp Kick-Off!
- Sunday Departure: Wrap up with 10:30 Sunday Worship; 12 noon cabin check-out. The Waterfront is open all afternoon; stay as long as you like.
- Bedding/Sleeping bag
- Seasonal clothes for indoors and outside!
- Cozy pajamas
- Face masks, except for young children
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottles
- Good shoes or boots for walking
- Water shoes
- Optional: Money for Trading Post & Lakeview Lattes
- Optional: Camp chairs for lounging at the waterfront
- Optional: Life Jackets (Lutherhaven also has extras to borrow for the weekend)
More Questions? Contact our friendly registrar:
Phone: 208-667-3459 x 119