Spring and Fall Outdoor Education
“Quality outdoor learning experiences for students, teaching a greater awareness of and appreciation for the natural world and each other.”
Immediate openings for six to eight week positions beginning each year in mid-April and again mid to late August.
Lutherhaven Ministries is the largest provider of day and overnight outdoor education programming for school-aged children in the tri-state Inland Northwest region. Each spring and fall nearly 3,000 children in grades 2 – 12 come to Camp Lutherhaven or Shoshone Mountain Retreat for one to four days of environmental studies, team building, and fun!
Positions & Responsibilities
Current openings for Program Instructors and support staff at both Camp Lutherhaven and Shoshone Mountain Retreat. Lead groups through outdoor skills, challenge course, ecology classes, evening programs, and other duties around camp.
- Affirm basic Christian values and strongly support the goals of Lutherhaven Ministries.
- Work within the structure of an association ministry, compatible with Christian and secular constituents.
- Positive attitude; energetic, dedicated and able to become involved in all aspects of the program.
- Foster a lifestyle of stewardship for creation.
- Commitment to children and outdoor learning.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Teaching experience is not required, but a background in science or environmental studies is helpful.
- Special skills, like music, singing, storytelling, drama and group facilitating a plus!
Ongoing Recruitment for fall, winter and spring outdoor education sessions.
Spring season begins mid-April and runs through May.
Fall season begins approximately mid/late-August and runs through October.
Seasonal support staff and kitchen assistant positions may be available year-round.
$250 per week, based on experience, with optional additional paid hours available for extra weekends as available; full room and board.
Jason Marker, Outdoor Education Director
(208) 667-3459 ext. 116