Seasonal and Year Round Employment
Work Year-Round at Lutherhaven!
Occasionally Lutherhaven Ministries has extended season and year-round positions open at camp.
Current opening: Marketing & Development Associate
We are reopening applications for the position of Marketing & Development Associate.
Are you skilled, innovative and creative with a heart for getting kids outside to
encounter creation, create community, and commune with Christ?
This might just be the perfect job for you!
To apply, please follow the application instructions detailed in the post.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Function: Marketing/Communications, Development/Fundraising
Focus Areas: Outdoor Ministry, Youth Development
Position Type: Full-time, 30-40 hours
Degree Level: Bachelors or equivalent experience
Experience Level: Entry-mid level
Start Date: Feb/March 2020
Salary & Benefits: DOE
Please follow application instructions listed at the end of this job description.
Summary of Position
Lutherhaven Ministries seeks a creative, motivated and detail-oriented individual to take on the position of Marketing & Development Associate. Lutherhaven Ministries is a nonprofit, multi-site, multi-program, 73-year old Christian ministry located on Lake Coeur d’Alene and the Coeur d’Alene River. Learn more at www.lutherhaven.com
The Marketing & Development Associate will work within the development department, focusing on graphic design, social media marketing, email strategy, website content, public relations and post-gift donor management. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
Marketing Responsibilities (70%)
• Implement creative and effective marking strategies to reach current and new constituencies
• Collaborate with staff, guests and students to collect compelling stories and narratives to be used in marketing and grant applications
• Implement and manage social media presence
• Produce and disseminate content for the website & email marketing (Mailchimp)
• Write press releases
• Collaboratively develop and produce effective flyers, graphics, and donor reports
• Produce or collect media to keep a current, regular stream of vibrant, quality, useful pictures and video footage from program and events to use across various platforms
• Ensure organization-wide public-facing materials follow established brand identity guidelines
• Collaboratively manage and update CRM software
• Execute the established marketing calendar to promote programs and opportunities in a timely manner
Development Responsibilities (30%)
• Support Director of Philanthropy in post-gift management, including thank you letters and follow ups
• Assist with special event production
• Assist with special event fundraising, ticketing and donor management, including production of event collateral: invitations, donor cards, thank you cards
• Donor database management
• Support general program administration
Education & Experience
o Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
o Strong writing skills
o Strongly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite
o Experience with Hootsuite and Mandrill, or similar, a plus!
o High integrity, dependable and self-motivated
o Mature Christian faith
o Proactive, clever and a great storyteller
o Natural curiosity and creativity
o Exceptional organization skills, both cloud-based and office-based
o Superior time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
o Possesses optimism and tenacity, especially in the face of challenging, high-pressure situations
o Entrepreneurial and innovative; thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
o Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
o Able to work some evenings and weekends
o Background check required
Prepare one document in PDF format consisting of the following:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
• Salary expectations
Email the one document in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Marketing & Development Associate.
It is the policy of Lutherhaven Ministries not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.