Lutherhaven SALT (Formerly J-Staff or Junior Staff)
Join Lutherhaven’s SALT Team (Service+Adventure+Leadership Team)
Our NEW! 10th – 12th grade Service, Adventure, and Leadership program!
SALT is Service – Serve camp in a variety of vital ways: Kitchen Party (meal prep and clean-up), housekeeping, setting up and helping lead camper games, activities, and the Trading Post.
SALT is Adventure – Team building adventure and community-building activities: water fun, high ropes, climbing tower, and zipline challenges, and more!
SALT is Leadership – Servant Leadership training: assist the staff with camp operations and programming, camper care, and daily SALT Team Bible Studies, servant leadership discussions and training.
SALT Team members experience a good measure of directed, focused independence at camp. They are housed separately with other SALT participants—not with summer campers—with their adult leader housed nearby.
- SALT Team participation by application and approval. (Application included with your online registration.)
- Serve up to two weeks (weeks do not need to be consecutive); additional weeks by approval.
- Week long SALT runs from 10 AM Sunday thru 2 PM Friday. We will kick off your week with Sunday worship at 10 AM and then jump into the week!
- Registering for a SALT weekend? Serve up to two weekends; additional weekends by approval.
- Weekends run 2 PM Friday thru 3 PM Sunday. You must serve one complete SALT week prior to weekend service.
- Housing is flexible depending on camp capacity: cabins, tents, yurts, guest rooms.
Approved participants receive a stipend of $100 per week or $75 per weekend.
Questions? Contact our friendly registrar!
(208) 667-3459 ext. 119