Welcome to Shoshone Creek Ranch!
The perfect week for youth who love horses and riding -- or have no horse experience but want to!! -- at our new western dude ranch in a gorgeous, riverside mountain setting ... and just an hour from Coeur d'Alene!!
Whether you've been riding all your life or never been on a horse before, develop your horse skills in the arena and on trails, make new friends, grow in faith and gain self confidence, all under the care and attention of our professional staff and wranglers.
The program includes care and knowledge of horses and tack with a focus on safety, grooming, camp horse & ranch chores, saddling, leading, mounting and daily riding. Along with daily horse time, campers participate in other camp activities like swimming, crafts, worship, Bible study, and campfires.
- Daniel & Lauren Baker--our ranch managers--are your hosts for the week!
- The wonderfully restored 1920's McPherson Homestead serves as our log ranch house. Read more about the Ranch
- A genuine 1880's chuck wagon is the ranch "kitchen", serving up hearty, home-style meals for 130 years!!
- McPherson's log barn is being restored as the ranch bunkhouse for campers. Meanwhile, old-fashion canvas wall tents—hung with log posts and poles—with floors, cots, and covered porches serve as your unforgettable home for the week
- Running water, composting toilets, electricity...all the new-fangled comforts are included!
- Heather Johnson, our Head Wrangler, is a life-long rider and rodeo cowgirl, nationally certified in Trail Riding and Stable Management by the Certified Horsemanship Association.
- Our horses have years of trail riding experience; most are leased from local Batt Masterson Horses near Athol, Idaho.
- Each riding session includes two or more experienced wranglers and 8-10 kids
- Our program divides participants into two riding groups, morning and afternoon; each group gets two to three hours with the horses every day
DATESFor Campers entering 5th-7th Grade
(Discount Week: June 16-21, Deduct $50) (July 7-12 and 21-26) (August 11-16)
For Campers entering 7th-10th Grade
(June 23-28)(July 14-19)(August 4-9)
For Campers entering 7th-12th
(July 28-August 2)
COSTRate A: $440/ Rate B: $380/ Rate C: $343
Includes tent cabin lodging with cozy cots, 15 delicious chuck-wagon meals, and program
NEW! Optional transportation available to and from Coeur d'Alene, $30 RT or $15 one way.
Sunday Pick up & Registration at the Coeur d'Alene ShopKo Parking lot, 2pm.
Friday Drop Off & Check Out at the Coeur d'Alene Shopko Parking lot, 3pm.
Campers must register for this shuttle service at least 7 days prior to their camp session
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Horseback riding is a very physical outdoor recreational activity. For camper safety and the safety of others, participants must meet certain physical requirements to attend Ranch Camp. Campers unable to meet these requirements during their camp week may be switched to another onsite program.
- Campers must be entering fifth through twelfth grade or be 9 years or older.
- Riders must be at least 4’6” tall in order to have adequate control over a horse.
- Riders must be able to mount and dismount a horse without assistance and meet the rigors of riding on uneven terrain for three miles.
- Ranch campers must have the ability to independently remain seated and balanced on a horse in motion while simultaneously directing a horse's travel and speed for at least two hours.
- Participants must be able to understand English and follow visual or verbal commands
- Participants must be able to withstand summer exposure to the outdoors, including hot, cold or wet weather.
- Campers who are overweight or have physical disabilities, arthritis, back or neck pain, decreased motor skills or other physical issues may have difficulty balancing, staying seated, holding the reins or controlling a horse.