Info & Resources
Outdoor education with Lutherhaven helps build in young people a greater appreciation for the inter-relationships that exist in nature and within each other. We give students, teachers, and parents the rare opportunity to learn in the classroom of our natural world where they experience first hand our forests, mountains, flowing waters, snow and ice.
In the company of caring mentors, gifted teachers, and good friends, children and adults alike are motivated to learn and apply that learning in the course of targeted hands-on activities. Some proven take-aways from Outdoor Education:
- Personal and civic responsibility
- Skills for understanding and addressing environmental issues
- Knowledge of environmental processes and systems
- Questioning and analysis skills
- Communication, problem-solving and relationship-building skills