Shoshone Creek Ranch
Welcome to Shoshone Creek Ranch—an authentic western dude ranch welcoming youth, adults and families to a one-of-a-kind camp experience!
- Located on the western edge of the famous Bitterroot Mountains on the beautiful North Fork of the Coeur d’Alene River, just over an hour from Coeur d’Alene
- Surrounded by 2 1/2 million acres of National Forests
- Located at Shoshone Mountain Retreat, purchased in 2009 from the federal government after two acts of Congress!
- Operated under an Outfitters & Guides Permit from the Idaho Panhandle National Forests
- Meals served from our restored 1880’s Chuck Wagon, horseback trail rides, eco-friendly composting toilets, a new shower house, running water and new-fangled ‘lectricity!
Our signature building, the McPherson Homestead, was hand-built by legendary Frank McPherson in the 1920’s and ‘30’s from trees killed in the Great Fire of 1910 that still show fire scars from that blaze. McPherson did all the work himself, using a team of two horses to lift the squared logs into place.
Lutherhaven disassembled the homestead and rebuilt it at Shoshone Creek Ranch, where finishing touches continue. The historic building serves as the ranch’s main gathering place.
Stream-side tent cabins open onto Shoshone Creek and provide camper and guest housing. The old-fashion canvas wall tents include covered porches, cozy furnishings, and beds for sleeping comfort.Bring Your Group to The Ranch
McPherson’s two 1920’s hand-hewn log barns were combined into one “new” building at the ranch — the Bunkhouse — a great place to swap stories with new friends, laugh late into the night, share in a Bible study, and imprint forever memories on young hearts and minds — all under the supervision of ranch staff. Hand crafted log beds compliment the upstairs-downstairs camper cabin.
Shoshone Creek Ranch gives campers young and old alike a unique and unforgettable Christian camp experience!
Many camps offer adventure, horseback riding, high ropes, outdoor recreation opportunities and family programming …
…but no place combines rustic comfort, 2.5 million acres of surrounding National Forests, generous hospitality, near-wilderness escapades and quality Christian programming like Shoshone Creek Ranch!
Shoshone Creek Ranch operates under an Outfitters and Guides Permit from the Idaho Panhandle National Forests.