Our History

In the 1940’s, a group of men from Spokane area Lutheran churches—representing five Lutheran denominations—organized themselves into the Spokane Lutheran Men’s Club, united for the purpose of “working together, singing, eating, and enjoying Christian fellowship.” Howard Fetz, a club member, presented the Club with an opportunity to purchase property on Lake Coeur d’Alene. The committee formed to look over the parcel gave the nod, and since the location was central to so many communities, it was decided to sound out the interest of all the Lutheran churches within the Inland Empire as a way to broaden the Club’s base of support.

Read Full History