Spring and Fall Outdoor Education
“Quality outdoor learning experiences for students, teaching a greater awareness of and appreciation for the natural world and each other.”
Immediate openings for six to eight week positions beginning each year in mid-April and again the first week of September!
Now Hiring For September!
Lutherhaven Ministries is the largest provider of day and overnight outdoor education programming for school-aged children in the tri-state Inland Northwest region. Each spring and fall nearly 3,000 children in grades 2 – 12 come to Camp Lutherhaven or Shoshone Mountain Retreat for one to four days of environmental studies, team building, and fun!
Positions & Responsibilities
Multiple openings for group leaders, instructors, and support staff at both Camp Lutherhaven and Shoshone Mountain Retreat. Develop and present outdoor classes, group building, special projects, light housekeeping, evening activities and mealtime duties.
- Affirm basic Lutheran Christian values and strongly support the goals of Lutherhaven Ministries.
- Work within the structure of an association ministry, compatible with Christian and secular constituents.
- Positive attitude; energetic, dedicated and able to become involved in all aspects of the program.
- Foster a lifestyle of stewardship for creation.
- Commitment to children and outdoor learning.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Teaching experience is not required, but a background in science or environmental studies is helpful.
- Special skills, like music, singing, storytelling, drama and group facilitating a plus!
Ongoing Recruitment for fall, winter and spring outdoor education sessions
Spring season begins approximately April 28th and runs through May
Fall season begins approximately September 1st and runs through October
Seasonal support staff and kitchen assistant positions may be available year-round
Up to $250 per week, based on experience, with optional additional paid hours available for extra weekends as available; full room and board.
Jason Marker, Outdoor Education Director
Toll Free 1.866.729.8372 ext. 116
Local 667-3459 ext. 116